NEA is located within Beban Park – a well known City Park that offers a wide range of sports, activities and services. Some of the services offered at Beban Park are swimming pools and cafe, skating rinks, children’s park, forested ParticiPark, soccer fields, baseball fields, bike tracks, off leash dog parks and more! There are many services located within walking distance such as grocery stores, restaurants/pubs, coffee shops, etc.
The location makes it a great place to host an event and encourages spectators from all over the Island. Because the facility is in the middle of Nanaimo, we recommend staying overnight with your animal(s) for safety reasons. You can get a city “camping” pass to put in your RV or trailer when you camp on the grounds during your event or we have many hotels available with a few minutes of the park.
NEA is always working hard to improve the grounds and loves to hear your feedback and suggestions.
Recent upgrades to the grounds include:
– security camers
– rubber crumb and sand footing in the Agriplex
– new footing to our large outdoor sand ring
– complete renovation of our club house, including a kitchen area
– topping up and resurfacing of stalls (ongoing)
– select stalls new stall doors and latches (ongoing)
– sprinkler system in the Agriplex and outdoor sand ring
– footing in the hogfuel rings
– fence work (ongoing)